Migrating a Phone Number
You can use a phone number that is already registered in the Android, iPhone, or Business application versions of WhatsApp. However, in order to register this phone number on WhatsApp Business API, you will need to follow the steps below to delete the WhatsApp account associated with that phone number.
Any incoming messages after deleting the WhatsApp account on your Android or iPhone will be queued by the WhatsApp servers and delivered upon successful registration (i.e., messaging downtime will occur between steps 8 and 9).
- In Business Manager, add the phone number that is already registered in the Android, iPhone, or Business application versions of WhatsApp.
- Assign a display name to your phone number, following the display name guidelines. Submit it for review by the WhatsApp team. You will be notified when the display name is approved. Note: You can't download a certificate if your WhatsApp account on your Android or iPhone is still active.
- Open the WhatsApp (or WhatsApp Business) application on your Android or iPhone.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Select Account.
- Select Delete my account.
- Follow the steps to delete the WhatsApp account for that phone number.